1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and celery until lightly browned.
2. Add the courgette and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the green beans, peas, asparagus and spinach.
5. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Season well with cracked black pepper.
7. For extra taste, serve with a little dollop of pesto.
Remove all those ideas and excuses that prevent you from living the healthier and more vibrant lifestyle you crave, in this hard-hitting and effective book.