- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Red Chillis
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Tomatoes
- 250g Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1 Pinch Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 Generous Pinch Black Pepper
- 200ml Boiling Water
- 200ml Half-Fat Coconut Milk
How To Make
1. Prepare: Remove the ends from the onion, peel and finely chop. Cut the red pepper in half, remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Remove the ends from the chilli's, chop in half lengthways, remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Peel the garlic and thinly slice. Chop the tomato into small (ish) cubes. Drain and rinse the chilli beans.
2. Cook: Put the coconut or olive oil in a large saucepan and warm over a moderate heat. Add the onion and red pepper and allow to soften for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next add the chillis, garlic, tomatoes, chilli beans, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes, then add the boiling water and coconut milk, allow to simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
3. Blend: Blend the soup for 1 – 2 minutes, using a stick blender or a regular blender. However be extra careful if opting for the latter as the build up of steam creates pressure that can force the lid off. Place a tea towel over the lid and hold down firmly whilst blending to avoid this.
4. Serve: Pour into a nice large mug or bowl and enjoy.