1. Remove the skin and hard ends from the onion and garlic and finely dice. Finely chop the tomatoes. Remove the core and seeds from the bell pepper/ capsicum and finely chop. Remove the top from the chilli and slice (do not remove the seeds). Drain the beans. Rinse the rice to remove excess starch.
2. Put the rice in a pan, add the water, bring to the boil and cover with the lid. Reduce the head and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the water has evaporated. Keep an eye on the rice and add a little more water if required.
3. Meanwhile, please the oil in a pan and heat over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until they soften. Add all other ingredients except the honey, then using a stick blender, pulse for 6 seconds, so that some of the chilli is blended to create a thicker sauce, but the majority is still in it's original form. If you don't have a stick blender, you can blend 4 tablespoons in a blender and then return to the pan and mix well.
1. To serve, put a generous scoop of rice on your plate and pile the veggie chilli on top.
Sign up and you will receive 10 of our favourite Juice & Smoothie recipes in a FREE eBook
The Juice Factory, 8-12 Stanley Road, Wellingborough NN8 1DY, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)345 130 28 29. © 2017 Juice Master Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
* PLEASE NOTE: The testimonials shared on JuiceMaster.com are applicable to the individuals depicted, and are not indicative of future performance or success of any other individuals. Your results may vary and Juice Master cannot guarantee any specific health or weight loss results. You should always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified, licensed professional regarding any medical condition you may have or suspect you have. Nothing contained on any of our company’s websites is intended to be a substitute for the medical diagnosis that can be provided by your physician.