- 1 tbspn of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 carrots
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 tspn coriander
- 1 orange
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat.
- Stir in the onion and carrots and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover the pan and cook gently for 30 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly. Puree in a blender, return to the pan and reheat gently.
- Serve garnished with cracked black pepper and fresh coriander.
Why this is good for you
Coriander is packed with vitamins B, C and folic acid, plus potassium, sodium and magnesium. The essential oil in coriander stimulates the flow of bile and digestive juices as well as helping to relieve gas and stomach cramps. Add the carrot and orange and you have a wonderful-tasting, theraputic and filling soup.