Strawberry and Mango Melt
This recipe is taken from:
- 1/2 mango, peeled and de-stoned
- 1 handful of strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of bio-live yogurt (Yeo Valley do a really creamy one, which is genuineley 98 per cent fat-free with no added sugars).
- 2 oranges
- Place the mango flesh, strawberries, yoghurt and ice in a blender.
- Juice the oranges and pour this into the blender
- Blend until smooth
Why this is good for youThe gorgeous combination of blended mango, strawberries and yogurt creates a particularly thick smoothie which will make your tummy feel content and satisfy even the sweetest taste buds.
This smoothie is loaded with minerals - zinc, iron, calcium and potassium - and vitamins A, B and C. It has particularly high levels of potassium, which is important for maintaining a healthy nervous system and for controlling the fluid balance in the body. Strawberries are full of vitamin C as well as a host of other antioxidants and are really helpful in supporting the immune system. The bio-live yogurt contains a variety of friendly bacteria that furnish the gut and help digestion as well as fight bacterial infections.