- 1 banana
- 3 oranges, peeled (peel as close to the rind as possible as the majority of nutrients are found directly under the skin).
- 1 small piece of ginger, with the skin on
- Put the banana and ice in a blender
- Juice the oranges and ginger by placing the ginger in between the oranges
- Pour the juice into the blender and blend until smooth
Why this is good for you
Oranges are rich in vitamins A, B and C along with calcium and folate. Vitamin C plays a vital role in combating infections, keeping gums healthy and healing wounds. Ginger is a natural decongestant and antibiotic, so these two ingredients are excellent if your immune system is under stress.