Grilled Vegetable Salad
This recipe is taken from:
- 1 red pepper
- 3 asparagus tips
- ½ small courgette, sliced
- Handful of rocket
- Handful of watercress
- 2 small spring onions
- 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Good handful of mixed fresh herbs (coriander, basil, mint, flat-leaf parsley), torn roughly into pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blacken the pepper by placing it under the grill, turning until all sides are black.
- Wrap in clingfilm or put in a sandwich or freezer bag for 5 minutes until cool. This method steams the skin of the pepper, making peeling and deseeding easier. Remove the skin and seeds and chop it up.
- In a very hot, ridged pan, lightly char the asparagus and courgette on both sides.
- Throw everything except the asparagus into a bowl and mix well.
- Place the asparagus on top.
- Make the dressing by putting the lemon juice and olive oil into a screw-top jar and shake really well.
- Pour over the salad and season with black pepper.
Why this is good for you
This salad is a blaze of beautiful colours and tastes to match.
It can be made in minutes and is fantastic when you have friends round. As with all of the power salads, it’s rich in vitamins and minerals, easy to digest, and you can have as much as you like until you are full!