Gorgeous Greek Salad
This recipe is taken from:
- 150g goats’ cheese
- ½ red onion
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ¼ cucumber
- Large handful of plump pitted olives
- Handful of baby tomatoes
- Virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the goats’ cheese, onion, peppers and cucumber into generous chunks and place in a salad bowl.
- Add the olives and tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Pour a generous glug of olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Why this is good for you
Olives can count towards one of your five daily servings of fruit and vegetables providing you eat about 10 olives.
However, it is important to eat olives in small quantities because they are generally high in salt.
Yellow and red peppers are full of essential nutrients, especially vitamin C and A, as well as containing lycopene which can help prevent the development of cancer cells by neutralizing harmful free radicals.
In essence all these raw vegetables contain a multitude of colours and thus phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. As well as all its health benefits, this is a salad you can genuinely get your teeth into.
To make this vegan/vegetarian… simply leave out the cheese or replace with an alternative.