This recipe is taken from:
- 1/2 large pineapple
- 2 apples
- 1/4 mug alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 mug watercress
- 1/4 mug parsley
- 1/4 mug kale
- 1/4 mug broccoli
- 1 oz shot of wheatgrass juice
- 2 ice cubes
- If you have a masticating juicer, use it to juice all of the ingredients.
- If you have a centrifugal juicer after juicing the apples make sure you pack the chute of your juicer with the alfalfa, watercress, parsley, kale and broccoli before turning on the machine. The tighter you pack it and the slower you juice the more you will get out of your centrifugal juicer.
- If you have a Phillips whole-fruit juicer, then all you have to do is put a whole apple in the chute, then the kale, parsley, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts and watercress in tight and 'sandwich' this by putting in the other whole apple. Then juice on a slow speed. Make sure you allow a little time after each small push for the juicer to work its magic. Follow by juicing the pineapple.
- Add the wheatgrass shot or teaspoon of wheatgrass powder and then pour into a glass over the ice.
Why this is good for you
This juice will give you a big boost. It contains several natural ingredients including broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, watercress, parsley and kale which are some of nature's real super-foods. In their raw natural state these vegetables are packed with vitamins, folic acid and iron, as well as simply bursting with chlorophyll.
This fantastic combination helps fight the battle against blood pressure, liver problems and constipation. This juice is a terrific antioxidant and anti-cancer agent.